How To Get More Prospects To Remember Your Business
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 507
- Time To Read: 2.0 Minutes
According to data from the Census Bureau’s Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs, there were 5.6 million “employer” firms in the U.S. in 2016. Here’s the breakdown:
- 500 or fewer workers accounted for 99.7% of those businesses.
- 100 or fewer workers accounted for 98.2%.
- 20 or fewer workers made up 89%.
Click Here To Read The Census Survey @ SBE Council.org.
With this many businesses in the U.S., you are probably saying to yourself, "If they only knew about my business, I would be able to grow my sales exponentially." Unfortunately, the items listed below are working against you.
Why Most Prospects Won't Remember Your Business.
- 50% of all salespeople stop calling a prospect, for 9 to 12 months or altogether, after their first unsuccessful attempt at moving the sales process forward.
- 40% of all salespeople feel that prospecting is one of the most challenging aspects of their job; therefore, most salespeople flat-out ignore this activity.
- 70% of all salespeople are either disengaged or completely disengaged in their job.
- 50% of what you tell a prospect during a presentation is forgotten in less than 60 minutes and 80% in 24 hours.
- 90% of all "prospecting calls" go directly to voicemail.
- 95% of all small businesses (and most likely yours) don't provide their sales staff with any sales training after 30-days of employment.
If you want more prospects to remember you when they want to buy what you sell, you need a drip marketing system - a system comprised of bite-sized chunks of educational information.
e-Mail Marketing Campaign Ideas:
- Bundle Promo On A Product/Service
- Refer Us To A Friend
- Client Survey
- Holiday Card
- New Hire Press Release
- New Product Or Service Press Release
- Upgraded System/Platform Press Release
- Referral Partner, Product, Or Service Spotlight
- Sales Intro Letter
- Educational Webinars (Monthly)
Low-Risk Offer Ideas:
- Promote an add-on service via a free trial or special offer, i.e., free employee background check.
- Provide free reports to download, i.e., How To Avoid Hiring The Wrong Candidate or How To Avoid An Employee Law Suit, etc.
Hot Prospect Ideas:
- Send each salesperson's "top 10 list of prospects and/or referral partners" list a lumpy mail campaign.
- Send someone a gift card if they referred to you a prospect that resulted in a sale.
- Sponsor a "Shred Your Documents Day" with a shredding company in conjunction with a local bank or credit union.
Executive Summary: You will see an immediate increase in sales by doing three things:
- Build/update your e-mail marketing database(s).
- Send your database of referral partners, clients, past clients, and prospects relevant content.
- Follow-up most e-mail marketing campaigns with an "oh, by the way" phone call.
Yes, it's that simple.
P.S. The days of winging it with your "marketing" efforts are over. If you want to have a break-out year, set your goals, and then take action.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
To hire Glenn for your next conference, visit DripMarketingSpeaker.com.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.